General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Concordia University Chicago undergraduate programs as published in the Concordia University Chicago academic catalog.
New students are accepted into undergraduate degree-seeking programs for online (ADP) and on-campus (Traditional) study in the fall and spring semesters. If you have any questions please work with your admissions advisors.
Journalism (BA) (36 hours)
|Communication Core (9 hours)|
|COM-4000||Communication Research and Writing||3|
|Required Major Courses (21 hours)|
|JOU-2100||News Writing and Reporting||3|
|JOU-2200||Investigative Journalism Methods||3|
|JOU-3100||Journalism History and Criticism||3|
|JOU-4200||Journalism Law and Ethics||3|
|JOU-4990||Internship in Journalism||12|
|Choose from the following (3 hours) *Courses may be taken multiple times to equal 3 credits.|
|JOU-4891||The Spectator Practicum I||1|
|JOU-4892||The Spectator Practicum II||1.5|
|Select from below (6 hours)|
|COM-4364||Broadcast News Production||3|
|JOU-4910||Topics in Journalism||3|
Students in the College of Business must meet all University requirements found in the Academic Information section of this catalog. Specific requirements of the College of Business include:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework completed at Concordia University Chicago.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 for each course taken in a major at Concordia University Chicago.
- A minimum grade requirement of C (not C-) or higher for each course taken as part of major coursework or the business core.
- Payments of all tuition and fees due to Concordia University Chicago. All holds must be removed to receive transcripts and diploma.
- In addition to satisfying the overall minimum credits for a given degree, major, minor, and/or special program such as Concordia Honors Program or Pre-Seminary Program, additional course requirements may be required. Deficiency in any area of the program will delay awarding the degree and require a new intent to graduate form be filed in alignment with completion of requirements. Students may elect to drop minors or other programs if they present an obstacle for graduation, however, the term assigned to awarding degrees will be consistent with the term the program change is submitted. Please note, students are subject to additional fees for subsequent intent forms.
- No course in a major may be taken on the Pass/Fail grade option.