Mission, Vision and Core Values
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
Concordia University Chicago is a Christ-centered Lutheran university where truth, freedom, and vocation form students for lives of influence and service for the common good.
As a Christian university of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, we at Concordia University Chicago value:
- Christian Faith - Christian faith is an integral part of our community.
- The Individual - As a member of God’s creation each person is unique and is blessed with inherent worth.
- Excellence - We strive for excellence in who we are and what we do.
- Integrity - Our community demonstrates the accord between our beliefs and practices.
- Service - Recognizing and addressing the needs of others is a response to God’s love for us, and a reflection of God’s love for them.