General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Concordia University Chicago undergraduate programs as published in the Concordia University Chicago academic catalog.
New students are accepted into undergraduate degree-seeking programs for online (ADP) and on-campus (Traditional) study in the fall and spring semesters. If you have any questions please work with your admissions advisors.
BS Mathematics Major Requirements
All students in the Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics program must complete the 27-hour Mathematics Core, the 4-hour Core Support and one Specialization. All courses must be at or above the 2000 level.
|CSC-2410||Computer Science I||3|
|CSC-2411||Applied Programming Techniques in Computer Science I||1|
|Select one of the following specializations:||24-25|
|ACC-2001||Introduction to Financial Accounting||3|
|ACC-2101||Business Accounting for Leaders||3|
|ECO-2400||Foundations of Economics||3|
|FIN-4280||Corporate Finance and Capital Budgeting||3|
|Select three hours from MAT, ACC, CSC, ECO, FIN||3|
|CSC-2510||Computer Science II||3|
|CSC-2620||Database Systems & Design||3|
|CSC-3420||Data Structures and Algorithms||3|
|CSC-3421||Applied Programming Techniques in Data Structures and Algorithms||1|
|Select nine hours from MAT, CSC||9|
|Select two of the following sequences:||16|
|General Biology I (With Lab)|
and General Biology II (With Lab)
|General Chemistry I (With Lab)|
and General Chemistry II (With Lab)
|Elementary Physics I (With Lab)|
and Elementary Physics II (With Lab)
|Select three hours from MAT, BIO, CHEM, CSC, PHY||3|
|CHE-2211||General Chemistry I (With Lab)||4|
|or PHY-2121||Elementary Physics I (With Lab)|
|Select 12 hours from MAT, CSC (at least six hours must be MAT)||12|
Students in the College of Health, Science and Technology or The College of Theology, Arts and Humanities must meet all University requirements found in the Academic Information section of this catalog. Specific requirements for these Colleges include the following:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 for all coursework completed at CUC
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 for all courses taken in the major at CUC
- A minimum grade of C for all courses taken in a major at CUC
- Payments of all tuition and fees due to Concordia University Chicago. All holds must be removed to receive transcripts and diploma.
- The Division of Natural Sciences requires a minimum grade of D- for courses within the major that are not pre-requisites for other courses. For courses that are pre-requisites, the C minimum remains unless superseded by admission grade requirements for specific programs, e.g., medicine/dentistry/pharmacy at LECOM, etc.).
The following courses may not be taken on the Pass/Fail grade option:
Course List Code Title Hours ENG-0100 College Writing 3 ENG-1100 English Composition 3 ENG-2000 Writing About Literature 3 MAT-0100 Fundamentals of Math 3 Any course in a major at CUC MAT-1010 Advanced Intermediate Algebra 3