Subsequent Endorsement for educators with a current Professional Educator License (PEL) in Illinois.
The Special Education LBS 1 endorsement is a program designed for licensed educators with two or more years of teaching experience interested in working with a special education population or developing the skills necessary to work with students with specific learning needs within their current teaching environment.
This endorsement will prepare you to take the LBS 1 area examination. You will learn how to meet the academic and learning needs of exceptional learners. Through this course of study, you will build and strengthen a theoretical understanding of the foundations of special education while learning practical skills necessary to be successful as a teacher of students who qualify for special education services.
General Graduate Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Concordia University Chicago graduate programs as published in the Concordia University Chicago academic catalog.
New students are accepted into graduate degree-seeking, approval, certificate, endorsement and/or post-graduate programs for online and on-campus study in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Previously admitted students seeking to change programs may do so at the beginning of a semester (only) by submitting a Change-of-Program quick app. Applicants must be in good academic standing according to Concordia University Chicago’s satisfactory academic progress standards at the time of requesting a program change.
|Characteristics & Learning Needs of Students with Academic and Physical Challenges
|Instructional Strategies for Students with Academic and Physical Challenges
|Characteristics & Learning Needs of Students with Specific Learning & Emotional Disabilities
|Instructional Strategies for Students with Specific Learning Disabilities & Emotional Disabilities
|Curriculum Based and Educational Measurements of Exceptional Learners
|Psychology & Methods of Teaching the Exceptional Learner
Passage of the Illinois Learning Behavior Specialist 1 (LBS1) content test 290.
Non-degree Completion Requirements
- Have on file an application as a non-degree-seeking graduate student.
- Complete, for the program being sought:
- the credit hours and levels as designated,
- within the specified time limit,
- with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Students completing multiple advanced programs or degrees at CUC must have a 3.0 GPA in each academic program in addition to a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- If transfer credit is approved to be applied: have on file an approved “Graduate Transfer Credit Approval” form(s) or evaluation(s).
- Have on file the Intent to Graduate/Complete form with the Office of the Registrar by the published deadline.
- Take and pass the final examination or terminal requirements in the program during or after the final course.
- Approval of the faculty.
- Payments of all tuition and fees due to Concordia University Chicago. All holds must be removed to receive transcripts.
Every attempt has been made to include information to aid the student with information about his/her program requirements. It is, however, the student’s responsibility to complete all steps and meet all deadlines relevant to completion requirements.
This program leads to an Illinois endorsement with direct University entitlement. The awarding of an Illinois subsequent endorsement may require the completion of your academic program, and will require an existing PEL, and a passing score on the corresponding Illinois State Licensure Test. For your endorsement’s specific test requirement please refer to ISBE’s webpage or contact the Licensure Officer at email@example.com