This minor, much like the major listed above, is for motivated students who are interested in pursuing a subject that is not housed in a single department or defined by a traditional discipline. A student will gather appropriate courses around a significant theme or research question.
- The minor will consist of no less than 21 hours.
- The minor will consist of courses selected from no more than three different academic disciplines.
- The minor must have no fewer than four courses at the 3000 and 4000 level.
- A willing CAS faculty advisor will monitor the completion of the minor.
- Interested students should contact program division chair for more information, planning materials and an application
Minors can be added to a major and all courses must be completed. A student cannot be awarded a degree with just a minor. Courses within the minor can double count in the major as long as 1/3 of the courses are unique to the major or any other minor.