General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Concordia University Chicago undergraduate programs as published in the Concordia University Chicago academic catalog.
New students are accepted into undergraduate degree-seeking programs for online (ADP) and on-campus (Traditional) study in the fall and spring semesters. If you have any questions please work with your admissions advisors.
BA Criminal Justice Major Requirements
|Law & Society
|Sociology of Corrections
|Sociology of Policing
|Social Research Methods
|Internship in Criminal Justice
|Introduction to Sociology
Electives may be chosen to create areas of emphasis within the major, such as criminal justice - law enforcement, criminal justice - corrections, social justice or pre-law.
Any course not taken above: Select 12 credits below to equal 36 hours for major
|Race, Ethnicity, and Racism in the U.S.
|American Legal Process
|Substantive Criminal Law
|Procedural Criminal Law
|Probation, Parole and Re-entry
|Social Interaction in Everyday Life
|Sociology of Gender & Sexualities
|Theories in Policing
|Legal Parameters of Policing
|Social Inequality: Class, Status, Power
|The City: Conflict & Change in Urban Communities
|American Social Movements
|Gangs and Society
|Human Rights in the Contemporary Era
|International Humanitarian Law
|Introduction to Social Work
Although law schools do not require specific majors for admission, CUC's Criminal Justice major is designed for student particularly interested in careers in law, law enforcement, corrections or social justice. The Criminal Justice Major helps students understand legal institutions and issues faced by America's legal and justice professionals. Criminal justice now offers a certification in policing.
Students in the College of Health, Science and Technology or The College of Theology, Arts and Humanities must meet all University requirements found in the Academic Information section of this catalog. Specific requirements for these Colleges include the following:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 for all coursework completed at CUC
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 for all courses taken in the major at CUC
- A minimum grade of C for all courses taken in a major at CUC
- Payments of all tuition and fees due to Concordia University Chicago. All holds must be removed to receive transcripts and diploma.
- The Division of Natural Sciences requires a minimum grade of D- for courses within the major that are not pre-requisites for other courses. For courses that are pre-requisites, the C minimum remains unless superseded by admission grade requirements for specific programs, e.g., medicine/dentistry/pharmacy at LECOM, etc.).
The following courses may not be taken on the Pass/Fail grade option:
Course List Code Title Hours ENG-0100 College Writing 3 ENG-1100 English Composition 3 ENG-2000 Writing About Literature 3 MAT-0100 Fundamentals of Math 3 Any course in a major at CUC MAT-1010 Advanced Intermediate Algebra 3