Office Phone: 708-309-3233
Dispatch Phone: 708-209-3039
Location: Addison Hall, AD 140
Online non-emergency reporting: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?ConcordiaUnivChicago
Title IX / Sexual Misconduct Report Form: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?ConcordiaUnivChicago&layout_id=2
Concordia University Chicago continuously strives for a safe and secure campus. It is our top priority to ensure the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff.
To that end, we provide the following:
- Concordia University Chicago has a Public Safety Department on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Public Safety officers conduct regular security patrols at all hours. We also maintain a very close working relationship with the River Forest Police and Fire Departments, which are on call 24/7 to respond to all emergency calls.
- The Department of Public Safety regularly participates in both emergency and disaster training scenarios with the Village of River Forest Fire Department and Police Department, Cook County Department of Public Health, and other local emergency response entities.
- Average response time for the River Forest Police Department units is approximately three minutes. The department is backed up by multiple local municipalities, the Cook County Sheriff’s Department and the Illinois State Police.
- There are 28 emergency call boxes in various locations throughout campus. The call boxes are immediately connected to the River Forest Police and Fire Dispatch Center as well as the Concordia Department of Public Safety Dispatch Center, which responds immediately to all such calls.
- The University has a comprehensive Emergency Response Plan, reviewed and updated annually, in which scenarios of potential emergency situations are specifically addressed.
- RAVE Alert mass notification App is used to disseminate urgent information to all students, families, faculty and staff, including off-campus undergraduate and graduate students.
- The University asks that students, faculty and staff immediately report any suspicious person or activity to the Department of Public Safety.
- Students residing in campus residence halls are instructed to always keep doors shut and locked, and to not let in anyone who is not accompanied by a resident. Exterior doors to the residence halls may be accessed only by authorized students and staff possessing an electronic pass card or key fob.
- The University offers professional counseling services located in West Annex, Kreft Center (1st Floor), WA 130. Counselors can be contacted at 708-209-3229, counseling.services@CUCHicago.edu, and appointment scheduling at CUChicago.edu/Titanium to all undergraduate community members.
Through training, hard work, courage and compassion our goal is to provide the best security possible for all persons and property on our campus and will constantly strive to help all members of our campus community in any way.