Pathway 1: For those with a Master of Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Public Administration seeking an endorsement only
The Chief School Business Official endorsement provides a solid foundation in school business management. You will acquire skills in analytics, accounting, budgeting, human resources, public relations and legal issues that are required to be a successful administrator. Coursework in this program is aligned to the national standards for the field as published by the Association of School Business Officials International. Included in the curriculum are six hours of clinical experience as required by the state of Illinois to be eligible for the CSBO endorsement. In order to obtain a CSBO endorsement, students will be required to show evidence that they have taken and passed the Illinois CSBO content test #185 or #224.
General Graduate Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Concordia University Chicago graduate programs as published in the Concordia University Chicago academic catalog.
New students are accepted into graduate degree-seeking, approval, certificate, endorsement and/or post-graduate programs for online and on-campus study in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Previously admitted students seeking to change programs may do so at the beginning of a semester (only) by submitting a Change-of-Program quick app. Applicants must be in good academic standing according to Concordia University Chicago’s satisfactory academic progress standards at the time of requesting a program change.
|EDL-6150||School District Financial Planning and Analytics||3|
|EDL-6211||Principles of School Business Management||3|
|EDL-6510||School Fund Accounting and Budgeting||3|
|EDL-6520||School Finance Law||3|
|EDL-6986||Internship in School Business Management I 1||3|
|EDL-6987||Internship in School Business Management II 1||3|
Required experiences for endorsement on the Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL).
Non-degree Completion Requirements
- Have on file an application as a non-degree-seeking graduate student.
- Complete, for the program being sought:
- the credit hours and levels as designated,
- within the specified time limit,
- with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Students completing multiple advanced programs or degrees at CUC must have a 3.0 GPA in each academic program in addition to a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- If transfer credit is approved to be applied: have on file an approved “Graduate Transfer Credit Approval” form(s) or evaluation(s).
- Have on file the “Intent to Graduate” form with the Office of the Registrar by the published deadline.
- Take and pass the final examination or terminal requirements in the program during or after the final course.
- Approval of the faculty.
- Payments of all tuition and fees due to Concordia University Chicago. All holds must be removed to receive transcripts and diploma.
Every attempt has been made to include information to aid the student with information about his/her program requirements. It is, however, the student’s responsibility to complete all steps and meet all deadlines relevant to completion requirements.