General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Concordia University Chicago undergraduate programs as published in the Concordia University Chicago academic catalog.
New students are accepted into undergraduate degree-seeking programs for online (ADP) and on-campus (Traditional) study in the fall and spring semesters. If you have any questions please work with your admissions advisors.
BA-Health Science Pre-Nursing Major Requirements
|Seminar in Biology
|Seminar in Chemistry
|General Biology I (With Lab)
|Anatomy and Physiology I (With Lab)
|Anatomy and Physiology II (With Lab)
|Fundamentals of Microbiology (With Lab)
|Chemistry in the World Today
|Health Science Applications in Chemistry
|General Chemistry I (With Lab)
|Introduction to Organic and Biological Chemistry (With Lab)
|Required Support Courses
|Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
|Fitness and Wellness
|Introduction to Logic
|Developmental Psychology: Life Span
|Statistics for the Behavioral Science
|Introduction to Christianity (S)
|Select one of the following:
|The Bible (B)
|Introduction to the Old Testament (B)
|Introduction to the New Testament (B)
Students in the College of Health, Science and Technology or The College of Theology, Arts and Humanities must meet all University requirements found in the Academic Information section of this catalog. Specific requirements for these Colleges include the following:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 for all coursework completed at CUC
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 for all courses taken in the major at CUC
- A minimum grade of C for all courses taken in a major at CUC
- Payments of all tuition and fees due to Concordia University Chicago. All holds must be removed to receive transcripts and diploma.
- The Division of Natural Sciences requires a minimum grade of D- for courses within the major that are not pre-requisites for other courses. For courses that are pre-requisites, the C minimum remains unless superseded by admission grade requirements for specific programs, e.g., medicine/dentistry/pharmacy at LECOM, etc.).
The following courses may not be taken on the Pass/Fail grade option:
Course List Code Title Hours ENG-0100 College Writing 3 ENG-1100 English Composition 3 ENG-2000 Writing About Literature 3 MAT-0100 Fundamentals of Math 3 Any course in a major at CUC MAT-1010 Advanced Intermediate Algebra 3